Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Tagged

Pastor Jared (of New Reality) tagged me last week. Here are the answers to the nine questions. I don't read very many blogs, and those that I do have already been tagged, so I didn't tag anybody else. Blessings.


1. One book that changed your life: The Bible. There are other books I could list, but they all play second fiddle to the Scriptures.

2. One book that you have read more than once: J.R.R. Tolkien’s Lord of the Rings. I picked it up in fourth grade and have worn out several copies over the years.


3. One book you'd want on a desert island: Anything by the early church fathers (and mothers). While I have read bits and pieces, I simply don’t have the time in my normal week to read and digest them like they need to be.

4. One book that made you laugh: Anything by Dave Barry; I’ve only read a couple of his books, but they always seem to pick up my mood.

5. One book that made you cry: Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz; it is a work of fiction, but the main character is so pure and simple that you can’t help but like him.

6. One book you wish had been written: Pastoral Ministry for Dummies. There are many days that I feel like I need it.

7. One book you wish had never been written: I don’t have one. I’ve read many very good books and some very bad ones, but ultimately it is up to the reader to discern what we keep and what we spit back out.

8. One book you are currently reading: Introducing the Uncommon Lectionary by Thomas Bandy. The appendix has been instrumental in my preaching for the last two months.

9. One book you have been meaning to read: There is a whole stack that I could list. One is Celebration of Discipline by Richard Foster.

No comments: