Tuesday, July 25, 2006

The Uncommon Lectionary

I was recently introduced to a book by Tom Bandy titled The Uncommon Lectionary. This book has been very helpful in my preaching the last month or two. I will be posting the sermons I've preached in a series called David's Legacy. These come from the disciple cycle. It begins with Ruth and will most likely go through Solomon. The sermons are only loosely connected, but the unstated, overarching theme is the legacy of King David. My hope is that this series will provide a sense of familiarity with key Old Testament figures for some of the newer Christians in the congregation and reignite interest in familiar Sunday School stories for the older, more seasoned members. Look for the first post in the next few days. Additional sermons will be posted as I can, hopefully at least one per week until I get them all done. Enjoy!

No comments: