Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Changing Perspective

It's been a busy two weeks. Monday morning (9/11) I was awakened by a ringing phone. It was my district superintendent, informing me that I would be receiving a call from another ds, to discuss a change of appointment. When the call came, we still had no idea where we might be moved to.

The next day, I had breakfast with that ds, and learned that I would be interviewing Sunday afternoon at a single-point charge (Hallelujah!!) :)

Sunday went well, and we are now anticipating a move that will be effective November 1. I would covet your prayers both for our new church and for our current churches. The last two weeks have been an emotional rollercoaster. The SPRC met Tuesday to begin the process of profiling for a new pastor, and the move was announced to the churches this morning (9/24).

I had considered whether or not I would continue this blog, but after some discussion with my wife and a few pastor friends, I will be. My new church is still in the area designated as Appalachian Ohio, and though the specific issues will change, the overall focus of the blog can continue. Maybe the fresh perspective will help bring more clarity to the issues.

I am starting to be surrounded by cardboard boxes and plastic totes, so it may be into November before I begin to post again on a regular basis. Just check in occasionally between now and then, as I may find a few spare minutes to throw on something.

Peace,

Pastor Tom.